G H Bowkett Limited was founded by the family in 1908 and has served the town of Tenbury Wells in one form or another since then.
From a small butcher's shop, founded by William Henry Bowkett, the business has expanded into a modern and competitive independent supermarket with a retail butchery delivering to businesses in and around the area.
1, 2 and 3 Market Square was purchased in April 1919 and the shop that you see today began.
We have seen many changes to the fabric of the building over the years including extensive reconstruction in the 1970's when the Company joined the Nisa-Today Group.
Another major change was made in 1998 when our butchery department was installed ready to serve our customers over the counter or with pre-packed meats. As well as serving our customers in-store, our butchery department supplies local restaurants, shops, filling stations and hotels.
We witnessed a further change in 2007 when we modernised our store's fascia and the installation of chillers and freezers throughout.
Bowkett's Supermarket 1908 ~ 2008
In March 2008 it was our 100th Anniversary. To celebrate our centenary we held a fun week instore with a daily customer draw and gave out some fantastic prizes including an overnight stay at DeGreys of Ludlow, bottles of Champagne, vouchers and many more
Please click on an image to enlarge